If you’re looking for a spot-free clean every time – it might be best not to put your wine glasses in the dishwasher.
This is especially true if you work in the hospitality industry, where you must take an extra degree of care when it comes to selecting a wine glass cleaner.
Today we’ll discuss whether or not wineglasses can go into the dishwasher, tips for handwashing and polishing your wine glasses to get spotless results every time.
Can Wine Glasses Go in the Dishwasher?
· Not all wine glasses are meant for the dishwasher. Crystal wine glasses will likely break if placed in the dishwasher. Be sure to find out whether or not your wine glasses are dishwasher-safe – if you’re uncertain it’s best to play it safe by handwashing.
· Wine glasses that do make it into the dishwasher tend to be more prone to water marks. One way to avoid water and spot marks is to polish them as soon as they are finished their dishwasher cycle.
How do I Hand Wash Wine Glasses?
· If you’re going to hand wash your wine glasses, it is best to hold the glass delicately by the bowl. The stem of a wineglass is fragile, and can be easily broken.
· Use lukewarm water to wash your wine glasses, as the glass can crack if the water is too hot
· As for selecting a wine glass cleaner, it is best to use a mild, low-alkaline dish soap for optimal end results
· Wipe the wine glass clean with a long sponge. Try not to stick your hand into the bowl of the wine glass, as you risk breaking the glass. Try not to use steel wool or any other more abrasive type of cleaning device.
How Do I Properly Polish My Wine Glasses?
· After you’ve selected the best wine glass cleaner method, the next and final step is to properly polish your wine glasses
· Campus Product’s StemShine Machine is the perfect solution to spotless, properly polished wine glasses every time
CPI’s StemShine machine is perfect for hospitality business owners looking to make day-to-day business operations more efficient. A great deal of care goes into cleaning and polishing your wine glasses. Automate the process, and save time by opting for our glassware and cutlery polisher machine. Call us today to learn more about our award winning products!